- Each tablet contains ephedrine hydrochloride USP "bronchodilator", 12.5 mg and guaifenesin USP "expectorant", 200 mg.
- For temporary relief of mild symptoms of intermittent asthma:
- tightness of chest
- shortness of breath
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus, and to make coughs more productive.
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 1-2 tablets every 4 hours, as needed, not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours.
- Do not use in children under 12 years of age.
Primatene® Tablets are available in:
- 24 tablet package
- 60 tablet package